Saturday, September 6, 2008

Communication in Relationship

I just had a dinner with my ex-roommate and his gf. We had our dinner in BBQ Plaza, 1-Utama. While we were walking to the restaurant, my ex-roommate was holding his gf's hand. I'd seen this type of scenario many times, but still, everything i see it, my heart will be soured. I'm not being jealous or envy or complaining to my fellow friends, but just something flash through my mind whenever i see this scenario: holding hands. I sometimes just couldn't stop myself from thinking the relationship problem i'm having now. Why cant I just have a normal relationship just like my friends around me? Why I always face so many problems? Is the problem with me? If it is really so, please tell me. I really wish to know.

I recalled an old saying "the key of a good relationship is communication". And I'm absolutely agree with it. I used to have a very very close friend, X. We talked a lot of stuffs and we never hide our problems and emotions from each other. I thought this kind of relation and trust would persist for a long time. But I was WRONG. We dun talk everything and anything to each other. Whenever we face problems, X and I would just keep quiet. We don't bother to tell each other how we feel and our opinions on the issue. We had since then be guessing on each other thoughts. We don't really communicate anymore. I'm so upset to see us turning into such situation.

X, i just want to tell you that: when we were still sharing with each other about our problems, no matter what problem it was, we could still help each other. Communication is the only way to develop trust in a relationship. No matter how tough the problem was, we faced it together, lending hand to each other , encouraged each other, supporting each other. But it was no longer be seen now. I'm really disappointed now. We do not talk to each other any longer. I afraid that, if this situation persist, the gap between us will be wider. If we do not talk to each other about our problems again, we might well be reaching a point where we really do not talking to each other. I'd seen many relationships turned sour because of not talking to each other. It's just like my situation and my father. And I don't hope that we'll reach that point where we treat each other as invisible.

Communication, key to develope trust.

No comments: